Shot Column

In a specific sense, this refers to the shot contained within the cartridge and is usually referred to in the context of discussing its geometric shape. More generally, it is used as the collective name for the parts of the cartridge that are ejected from the barrel upon firing, possibly including wad, shot, fillers, buffer material, disperser or other shot insert, over-shot card.

« Back to Glossary Index